2020 SF Bay Classical Guitar Youth Competition
YOUTH COMPETITION DIVISION II IS NOW CLOSED.
AGES 14-17 YOUTH DIVISION I REGISTRATIONS ARE STILL OPEN.
2020 SF BAY CLASSICAL GUITAR FESTIVAL & COMPETITION
Saturday February 22, 9:00am-9:00pm
3154 Woodside Road, Woodside, CA 94062
Presented by: Classical Gala West, www.cgwest.org
and Woodside Village Church
Guest Artists: Diana Schaible, Eric Wang, and Kenny Hill
All events open to public. $10.00 tickets or donations at door required for attendance at concerts and Competitions.
YOUTH COMPETITION RULES & REGULATIONS
A $75.00 non-refundable registration fee must be paid on behalf of each Youth Competitor via the link on this page. No further application form is required.
- Prizes: tba
- Competition is for performance on six string Classical Guitar
Time limits: One Round, 7 minutes each
- Youth Division I - Ages 14-17
- Youth Division II - Ages up to 13
- Choice of repertoire is entirely up to the performer. It is expected that every competitor's choice of music fits within the time allowed. If a competitor exceeds the given time allotted, he or she will be asked to stop with no penalty to his or her evaluation.
- Competitors will be evaluated on technique, musicianship, tone quality, and overall presentation.
- Competitors may inquire for comments by judges only after the competition has ended. Upon such requests, sharing comments with performers is at the sole discretion of the judges.
- All decisions of judges are final.
- Competitors should not be touring artists with major management. Admission to the competition is at the sole discretion of the SF Bay Guitar Festival staff.
2020 SF Bay Classical Guitar Festival & Competition
10:00am - Setup and preparation
10:30am - Facilities open to participants (Smaller chapel, additional warm-up room for competitors)
12:00pm to 2:00pm - Adult competition
2:40pm to 6:00pm - Youth competition
7:00pm - Evening concert featuring:
- Performances by guest artists Diana Schaible, Eric Wang, Kenny Hill and Lawrence Smith
- Presentation of award to Kenny Hill for Distinguished Service to Classical Guitar Luthiery
- Awards presentation to winners of Classical Guitar Competition
Woodside Village Church (View)
3154 Woodside Rd.
Woodside, CA 94062
|Kid Friendly: Yes!|
|Dog Friendly: No|